if anyone in the harry potter series deserved to be bitter it was remus lupin
- he was a werewolf in a world that actively despised werewolves like the government literally had legislation against werewolves
- he grew up in a poor household made worse by his lycanthropy, something that probably caused a significant amount of guilt - something that would have been incredibly destructive to a young boy
- he was more often than not homeless and was unable to get a job, again due to his lycanthropy, his role at hogwarts perhaps being the first stable job he had in many years
- he lost all of his greatest friends and spent 12 years believing that one of them [don’t even get me started on the queer subtext between sirius and remus which made the whole situation even worse] was responsible for the deaths of the rest of them
- he lost his hogwarts job [again perhaps the only stable job he had in years] because of snape’s inability to let go of a childhood grudge coupled with the world’s hatred of werewolves even though he was the favourite teacher of many and considered the best dada teacher they ever had
he had so many reasons to be bitter and mean and twisted but he wasn’t
the most prominent line about him in the series is ‘lupin smiled’ and goddammit he had every reason not to smile but he did and he did it often and he went out of his way to make sure that students like neville knew that they were worth something and good at something and he was an inspiration to so many students
he fought actively in an organisation against voldemort and his offers of a place for werewolves because that was the right thing to do, remus had principles that he stayed loyal to despite everything that he went through
of course remus had flaws, he wouldn’t be a well rounded character without them, but he stayed a good person right until the end, fighting for what was right and for a better world for everyone including his son
albus severus potter my ass
this just in: jk rowling regrets entire harry potter series. says she meant to write about blizzards, not wizards. isn’t sure what happened.
some ppl askin me bout my thoughts on this whole hp mess but i pretty much said it all on twitter lmao
modern au Lily putting a hex on James so he can’t say anything but “ayyyy lmao” and the other marauders don’t notice that something’s different about him for like almost an entire day
and here we have harry potter literally standing on a pile of letters to try and catch one that is still in the air. there are clearly reasons why he doesn’t get sorted into ravenclaw
"I went off and read the books after the audition and I read the first four books in one sitting – you know – didn’t wash, didn’t eat, drove around with them on the steering wheel like a lunatic. I suddenly understood why my friends, who I’d thought were slightly backward, had been so addicted to these children’s books." - Jason Isaacs on the Harry Potter series
I NEVER NOTICED HIM
They both only got even more attractive.
Google is still in denial
so are the rest of us
for those of you still wondering, Neville forgot his robe
THANK YOU HOLY FUCK TWELVE YEARS LATER
james sirius potter going to hogwarts and totally using his dad as an excuse to get away with all sorts of shit because excuse me was it your dad who defeated voldemort and he tries it once in herbology and neville is like excuse me was it you who told voldemort to fuck himself and killed his snake with a legendary sword while your dad took a nap yeah i didn’t think so now do your damn homework
"Tonks deserves somebody young and whole."
"But she wants you," said Mr. Weasley, with a small smile.
i love how JKR wrote hagrid so much what an amazing character
he was big and strong and gruff and into dangerous things
and he loved baking and being a parental figure and cried openly all the time
i love hagrid so much