"Slytherins can’t be brave," Please allow me to direct your attention to Regulus Black, and his storyline which was so conveniently left out of the movies.
*breaks into j k rowling’s house in the middle of the night* no it’s okay i’m not here to steal anything i just think we need to talk about harry naming one of his kids after snape
My favorite Harry Potter character was the Sorting Hat. His job was to learn people’s secrets and then judge them.
lavender brown gets more hate for how she handles unrequited romantic feelings than snape does and i find that incredibly disturbing
Once upon a time, I decided that it was my solemn obligation to prank my friends before we graduated.
So…I made Hogwarts Acceptance letters. A lot of them. Because who isn’t still waiting for their freaking letter to arrive?
My hand hated me so much. Also, cursive G is the worst.
Letters were posted. All was well.
Until this happened…
This is literally the best thing I have ever seen in my entire life.
This makes me so emotional. Mrs Weasley knew the Dursleys wouldn’t visit and that Harry’s got no other family and to hER HES PRACTICALLY HER SON SOMEONE HOLD ME
She didn’t mean James Potter.
She meant Severus Snape.
(first quote: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter Two: A Peck of Owls; second quote: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter Thirty-Three: The Prince’s Tale)
REASONS TO LOVE PROFESSOR MINERVA MCGONAGALL
voldemort calls harry ‘weak’ while he literally cannot kill a frickin 15 yr old boy. i could kill a 15 yr old boy.
It was Hermione.
"But she didn’t look like Hermione at all. She had done something with her hair; it was no longer bushy but sleek and shiny, and twisted up into an elegant knot at the back of her head. She was wearing robes made of a floaty, periwinkle-blue material…” - Ch23 | THE YULE BALL
if anyone in the harry potter series deserved to be bitter it was remus lupin
- he was a werewolf in a world that actively despised werewolves like the government literally had legislation against werewolves
- he grew up in a poor household made worse by his lycanthropy, something that probably caused a significant amount of guilt - something that would have been incredibly destructive to a young boy
- he was more often than not homeless and was unable to get a job, again due to his lycanthropy, his role at hogwarts perhaps being the first stable job he had in many years
- he lost all of his greatest friends and spent 12 years believing that one of them [don’t even get me started on the queer subtext between sirius and remus which made the whole situation even worse] was responsible for the deaths of the rest of them
- he lost his hogwarts job [again perhaps the only stable job he had in years] because of snape’s inability to let go of a childhood grudge coupled with the world’s hatred of werewolves even though he was the favourite teacher of many and considered the best dada teacher they ever had
he had so many reasons to be bitter and mean and twisted but he wasn’t
the most prominent line about him in the series is ‘lupin smiled’ and goddammit he had every reason not to smile but he did and he did it often and he went out of his way to make sure that students like neville knew that they were worth something and good at something and he was an inspiration to so many students
he fought actively in an organisation against voldemort and his offers of a place for werewolves because that was the right thing to do, remus had principles that he stayed loyal to despite everything that he went through
of course remus had flaws, he wouldn’t be a well rounded character without them, but he stayed a good person right until the end, fighting for what was right and for a better world for everyone including his son
albus severus potter my ass